The Department of Environmental Science has emerged from the prior Department of Biochemistry, Physiology & microbiology in the year 2016.This will accelerate the pace of crop improvement with regard to change in climatic resilience resulting in higher productivity , quality and sustainability in agriculture, thereby improving the livelihood of farming community
The Department of Environmental Sciences was established in January 2016 at College of Agriculture, RVSKVV, Gwalior. The PG programme in Environmental Sciences will start from the session 2016-17 with admission of 4 students. The department has one UG lab & one PG lab at present with few instruments. Some of the required /desired instruments necessary to carry out the research will be purchased in coming time. There is one classroom equipped with one LCD projector, Screen, Student’s furniture and boards.
- To impart Environmental knowledge to students and develop research and evaluation programmes.
- To develop bioremediation technologies for industrial and hazardous waste contaminated ecosystems along with recycling and reuse of industrial waste water for agriculture to check the degradation & loss of fertility.
- To find out the impact of industrial waste on groundwater contamination and find the subsequent bio-remedies.
- Studies on Carbon Sequestration and Carbon trading with reduce global warming effect
- To offer structured degree programmes in Environmental Sciences.
- To develop technologies to mitigate environmental problems for sustainable agriculture
- To assess the possibility of recycling solid and liquid wastes for agricultural applications.
- To develop scientific man power for assessing the environmental problems and to suggest suitable remedies.
- To develop strategies for conservation and restoration of biodiversity and the healthy resilience of natural ecosystem.
- To establish a centre for culture collection for environmentally important microorganisms.
- To create Data base on Environmental Pollution and mitigation strategies pertaining to the State of Madhya Pradesh.